He also advises on health and safety questions. He advises all sectors on both contentious and non-contentious matters (corporate and real estate). He is a particular expert on the interface between property and environmental law.
Andy has led the environmental team at several law firms over more than 3 decades. He was a partner at BLP (now BCL) and has worked in-house for BT and as an academic lawyer.
He has acted for many household name companies and was responsible for the winning arguments in the only contaminated land case to reach the UK's highest court.
He has advised the UK Government, the EU Commission and several foreign governments on environmental law and legislation.
- Founder and first Secretary of the UK Environmental Law Association.
- Former President of the European Environmental Law Association.
- Member of the International Council of Environmental Law.
- Former Vice-Chair for Western Europe of the Commission for Environmental Law of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
- Environmental Law in Property Transactions 2016 (4th edition)
- Environmental Law Handbook 2013 (4th edition)
- Many articles on environmental and property law matters