Alex heads our Canadian construction team and has experience in all aspects of contentious and non- contentious construction matters.
Alex’s insurance practice focuses on providing services to the London Market and to domestic insurers. His practice focuses on construction-related disputes, coverage, professional liability, warrant and surety and property related claims.
Alex also provides regulatory advice and services to the construction, design professional and insurance sectors. He also has an active sports law practice and regularly acts for the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport Anti-Doping hearings and for other individuals and organizations in sport related matters.
Alex navigates these dynamic areas of law with a pragmatic approach. He uses his expertise and creativity to find effective, creative solutions for his clients.
Outside of work, Alex finds the time to coach his two kids’ sports teams. He plays golf and basketball, and enjoys travelling to new places.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2007
- Called to the Alberta Bar in 2016
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 2005
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Construction Law and Civil Litigation Sections
- Member of the Advocates Society
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada since 2018 for Construction Law and Insurance Law
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America