Alex has a unique blend of experience having previously been an in-house lawyer at Lend Lease Corporation and Burns Philp & Co, as well as the VP and General Counsel (APAC) of PeopleSoft Inc. He therefore has a perspective both as a provider and a consumer of legal services.
Alex acts for both multinational technology companies and start-up technology companies in the Asia Pacific region as well as companies acquiring large complex technology systems.
He advises on the full suite of technology related transactions including drafting and negotiating licensing arrangements, systems integration agreements, systems outsourcing (including business process outsourcing), cloud computing agreements and Software as a Service agreements, managed services agreements, advice on IP generally, registration of IP, IP commercialisation, trade practices advice and regulatory considerations applicable to technology (including government contracting).
He also advises clients on cybersecurity protection and risk mitigation as well information privacy matters.
Alex's clients include global companies such as SAP, Docusign, McAfee Security, PagerDuty, Infor, Kubota, Accela, Ellucian, DataCard, Civica, as well as Australian companies including BRI Ferrier, Findex, FUSECO, MyConnect, Redfig Consulting, Strategic Executive Solutions and Subway Development NSW and ACT.
Outside of work, Alex co-hosts a weekly radio program in Melbourne where he interviews business people of Greek Australian heritage who have achieved success in their fields of endeavor. He also sits on the Board of the Hellenic Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc.
- Alex was a part of the team at Blue Rock Law when they were included in the BRW Fastest 100 Growing Companies list in 2014
- Board Member of the Hellenic Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Acting for an Australian systems integrator who developed the second generation digital video network for a major Australian telco. This engagement involved entering into a series of complex agreements with the telco client and the suite of subcontractors used in the integration of the hardware, software and operating platform.
- Purchase by a global company of the shares of an Australian partner entity which developed unique technology which was subsequently rolled-out globally by our client.
- Acting for a developer of medical device used to monitor and record the vital signs of patients. The assistance included managing the registration of the IP rights, preparing transfer of ownership agreements with universities and subcontractors involved in the developments efforts, assisted with securing government grants and negotiating funding arrangements for our client.