Our internal Menopause Group have also created a new action plan aligned to the principles of the pledge to provide ongoing support to colleagues experiencing symptoms of the menopause as well as their families and friends.
The Menopause Workplace Pledge was created by Wellbeing of Women in partnership with Hello! Magazine and looks for individuals and organisations to take positive action to support people through the menopause. The pledge commits signatories to the following:
- Recognising that the menopause can be an issue in the workplace and women need support
- Talking openly, positively and respectfully about the menopause
- Actively supporting and informing your employees affected by the menopause
Research has shown that 1 in 10 people going through the menopause have left the workforce due to the impact of the symptoms. The DWF Menopause Group was established to support colleagues and provide a space to share experiences. It is open to all colleagues experiencing symptoms of the menopause, regardless of gender identity, as well as allies wishing to learn and support others.
DWF Partner and Menopause Group Lead, Jewels Chamberlain, said, "We are delighted to show our support of the Menopause Workplace Pledge. DWF understands the great contributions people from this demographic make and the importance of supporting them in order to retain their skills and talents."
Please find details below of the work already conducted by the DWF Menopause Group and its future action plan aligned to the Menopause Workplace Pledge principles.
- Menopause Hub created on the DWF intranet as a central point for support resources.
- Content regularly circulated to members via a dedicated distribution list
- Menopause Coffee & Chat sessions held every two months
- Regular webinars featuring external experts
- Sharing of internal and external support resources
In 'recognising that the menopause can be an issue in the workplace and women need support' we will…
- Introduce an internal menopause policy to provide information for colleagues and managers
- Explore the implementation of additional employee benefits related to menopause
- Mark World Menopause Day annually.
In 'Talking openly, positively and respectfully about the menopause' we will…
- Launch a feedback channel where colleagues can request additional support content
- Share more case studies and blogs from group members
- Create content for managers to assist in conversations on the topic of menopause.
In 'Actively supporting and informing your employees affected by the menopause' we will…
- Hold additional webinars and events
- Explore in person networking opportunities
- Share tailored training to the needs of colleagues going through the menopause