This webinar will cover the ins and outs of Internal investigations. We will provide you with practical tips to help you navigate this tricky subject and some real life experiences as practical examples.
Our discussion will aim to help you avoid any pitfalls and identify remedial action you may need to take when undertaking Internal Investigations covering sensitive issues.
Also covered will be the recent and exciting Economic Crime legislative developments and those coming over the horizon.
We will discuss:
- The Failure to Prevent Fraud offence which Companies could be liable for if they do not have reasonable procedures in place to prevent fraud; and
- The change to the Identification Principle which makes it easier for the authorities to prosecute Companies for economic crime for offences committed by their Senior Managers.
These are serious changes to the law which place additional obligations and the risk of prosecution on Companies with serious reputational impact. We will take you through what you need to do to help minimise that risk.
- Euros Jones, Partner and Head of Corporate Crime & Investigations at DWF LLP
- Emma Foy, Director of Corporate Services at West Lindsey District Council
- Kelly Wilson, Senior Associate, Corporate Crime & Investigations Team at DWF LLP