Joanne has extensive experience of defending negligence and/or fraud claims against professionals, particularly solicitors, clinicians and insurance intermediaries. While she is skilled at achieving early confidential resolutions in the pre-action stage, she has excellent experience in successfully defending claims all the way to trial. She has acted in a number of high profile reported cases.
Joanne uses the experience gained in her litigation practice to also provide risk management and professional conduct advice and training for professionals, including on-demand medico-legal advice for specialist healthcare professionals.
In addition, Joanne regularly advises insurers on policy coverage, and has acted in insurance and reinsurance litigation through the Courts or arbitration. Insurance policy drafting is a related skill, and her policy drafting work has included a combined medical indemnity, public liability and legal expenses insurance for specialist surgeons.
- The Law Society (practising Solicitor)
- The Middle Temple (non-practising Barrister)
- Ocean Finance & Mortgages Limited & Anr v Oval Insurance Broking Limited  EWHC 160 (Comm)
- Caliendo & Anor v Mishcon De Reya (a firm) & Anor  EWHC 150 (Ch)
- Symrise AG & Anor v Baker & McKenzie (a firm) & Anor  EWHC 912 (Comm)
- Recognised in Legal 500 2016 and 2017 in the Professional Negligence category.
- Recognised in Legal 500 2016 in the Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation category.