Nadine brings significant experience advising on environmental policy including biodiversity, carbon reduction, water, waste, natural resources, agriculture, land, marine, energy, climate risk and climate finance drawing on her multi-industry and sector insights. She has deep experience of advising clients in risk management, policy development and regulatory compliance areas, complementing and enhancing her experience in leading environment, energy, climate and sustainability initiatives. Nadine brings skills in strategic programme implementation, impact measurement and evaluation, and analytical expertise.
Recent awards include:
- Shortlisted for Team of the Year, edie Sustainable Business Leadership awards;
- best annual waste policy paper from CIWM, the waste industry body;
- and recognition for outstanding stakeholder engagement from The Future Centre Trust, a Barbadian NGO.
Prior to joining DWF, previous roles have included acting as an Environmental Sustainability Adviser at International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA), and Technical Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) in CDP Worldwide, where Nadine focused on integrating climate and environmental/natural capital risks into decision-making, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate reporting.
Highlights of achievements:
- Developed and delivered a Recommended Code of Practice on Environmental Sustainability for an offshore marine construction industry association's 700+ member companies through a participatory process
- Advised on and prepared guidance materials to support the effective implementation of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures' (TCFD) set of 11 recommended disclosures, (lead co-author of the TCFD Implementation Guide); and led a strategic review of mandatory climate disclosure across the G20
- Advanced the global environmental and climate finance agenda through developing and leading strategic programmes for the Commonwealth Secretariat, including management of its environment, climate finance and sustainable development policy programme
- Wrote talking points for the Commonwealth Secretary General and Environment Ministers and a paper on green growth for the G20 and developed and led a related green economy project
- Chaired Defra’s cross-governmental marine assessment reporting group of 30 key stakeholders
- Co-designed initial concept for UNDP’s £1.3m flagship Equator Initiative on biodiversity
- Strengthened the capacity of UNDP Asia-Pacific staff to work across sectors by creating Energy Working Group and writing strategy