Miłosz Tomasik is a Polish qualified attorney-at-law focused on environmental law, in particular industrial emissions, environmental impact assessments, permits for use of the environment (e.g. integrated permits), land contamination, water law and waste management. He also advises on real estate, construction and planning issues as well as on geological and mining law.
Miłosz successfully assisted in proceedings before administrative bodies and the administrative courts regarding environmental decisions, exploration concessions, integrated permits, local zoning plans, fees for using the environment and public access to information concerning the environment. He has assisted in the development of various investment projects in major sectors of the Polish economy, including the largest developments in the energy sector in the last decades, coal mines, prospecting and exploration of shale gas, infrastructure projects, waste management projects and various production plants from major branches of the Polish industry.
Miłosz has gained a deep expertise in regulations on industrial emissions and the IPPC regime while advising various industrial installations including energy, chemical and waste management sectors. He has supported the Clients in the process of structuring, optimising and negotiating with the authorities various environmental restrictions based on the European Directive on Industrial Emissions.
Miłosz provides legal advice on land contamination and environmental damage, supporting clients in planning their remedial actions and assisting them in transactions involving contaminated land. He has also gained experience in the structuring and practical implementation of environmental provisions in various contracts and transactions.
- Attorney-at-law - The Warsaw Bar Association
- JVs founded by the leaders of the global aviation industry – comprehensive legal advice concerning development of two major greenfield investments from the aviation sector in Poland.
- Leading Polish chemical group – advising in the process implementation of BAT conclusions for Large Combustion Plants in two industrial power plants – the advice included an application for exemptions from emission restrictions.
- A leading foreign investor in the district heating sector in Poland – complex advice concerning strategy and executive implementation of BAT conclusions for Large Combustion Plants in three district heating plants in Poland.
- A key chemical company in Poland – legal advice in the investment process concerning the development of a waste incineration plant that will replace conventional coal energy plants as a source of energy for a chemical plant.
- Chambers and Partners Europe 2019 - Environment - Poland (Up and Coming)
Miłosz Tomasik is particularly active on development and modernisation projects for industrial installations.