An increasing market recognition of the value of effective, strategic crisis management, as well as the ever-changing way in which information is shared and digested, has elevated the importance of formal corporate investigations. Expert intervention can help organisations to avoid and prevent the issues affecting them, to better respond if and when they do arise and reduce the risk of corporate sanctions.
We are recognised for our market-leading track record in handling large and complex investigations relating to Health & Safety; Health, Social Care & Education; Food Regulation; Environmental; Transport; Advertising; Fraud, Corruption and Bribery; and Fire Safety. We have a multi-disciplinary team, spanning all possible areas of corporate investigation for every type of corporate client.
We have and continue to lead investigations into some of the biggest incidents in recent times, responsible for shaping the direction of legal regulation in issues of public importance.
In addition to advising upon these investigations, we offer support with the many challenging PR issues that run alongside organisational crises.
Our Corporate Investigations services include:
- Establishing Core Terms of Reference, dependent upon company objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting phased investigations, reporting within the corporate governance structure as investigations progress.
- Taking responsibility for or supporting internal investigation teams as required to:
- Obtain key witness statements from company employees/third parties
- Structure document gathering, management and review processes
- Identify and instruct suitable expert input
- Providing detailed legal analysis so as to enable companies to assess corporate liabilities and inform management of investigations.
- Established relationships with multiple Regulators.
- Engaging and coordinating PR support, as required, through our expert partners, Alder Media.
We take the strain off
What sets us apart is our understanding, born of experience, of the implications of large scale and sensitive investigations. Our involvement takes the strain off organisations, allowing you to continue with operations, trusting in our expert team.
Whether responding to an issue in advance – for example through corporate risk assessments and implementation of crisis or incident management plans – or advising once a problem has arisen, we build the right team and action plan to get the results you need.
Once an issue is highlighted our specialists will conduct an assessment of the potential risks facing your business, allowing us to respond to issues as they develop, ensuring that your internal investigation properly addresses organisational objectives and minimising any corporate liability.