Michał Pawłowski is an experienced transactional lawyer focusing on capital markets, corporate and securities law. He also deals with financial regulatory and corporate governance issues. He advises clients on transactions involving public offerings of shares (primary and secondary), bond issue programs, withdrawing companies from the stock market (P2P) and mergers and acquisitions. Michał has advised on a number of pioneering transactions on the Polish market.
He advised on the largest transaction on the Polish financial market (worth over EUR 4 billion) - the acquisition of BZ WBK, a Polish bank listed on the WSE, by Banco Santander, a leading Spanish financial group, and in the merger of BZ WBK and Kredyt Bank. He also advised on a number of securities offerings of Polish and foreign issuers and mergers and acquisitions, including sizeable cross-border projects.
Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 - Capital Markets
"Michał Pawłowski is a business-oriented lawyer; his ability to come up with solutions and solve problems is outstanding. He is a go-to lawyer in the capital markets and M&A space."
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 – Private Equity
"Michał Pawłowski, extremely knowledgeable about deal pipelines, specifics of deal dynamics and well networked; great experience in actual transaction parameters; key asset."
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A – Recommended lawyer
DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k‘s corporate and M&A team in Warsaw is an integral part of the firm’s European offering, working alongside the regional office network in a wide variety of cross-border transactions. The team is well-versed in M&A, capital injections and public offerings of securities.
IFLR1000 2022 – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity - Highly regarded
Initial and Secondary Public offerings
- Novaturas AB - advising as transactional counsel in Novatura’s initial public offering and introduction of shares on the Polish market to the trading market on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, comprising inter alia supporting the issuer in fulfilling information duties, as well as legal advice on the corporate governance.
- Danwood Holding S.A. - advising as bookrunner’s counsel in relation to the initial public offering of the Company on Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Maxcom S.A., a producer of telecommunications devices - legal advice on initial public offering and introduction of shares on the Polish market to the trading market on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, comprising inter alia due diligence of the issuer and preparing of the prospectus, as well as legal advice on the corporate governance (ongoing project).
- i2 Development S.A. - advising on an investment agreement concerning joint investment in a special purpose vehicle together with YIT Development sp z o.o. Preparation of the investment agreement and the shareholders' agreement of the newly established special purpose vehicle.
- CDRL S.A. - advising on the acquisition of a majority share in a foreign company with a chain of stores for children's goods in Belarus operating under the brand name-Buslik. Comprehensive legal advisory in the project, including advising on the preparation of the investment agreement.
- EBRD (The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) - advising on investment in Bank BGŻ BNP Paribas. EBRD acquired approximately 4.5% of shares of bank BGŻ BNP Paribas S.A. and thus became its shareholder.
- LC Corp - advising on the process of issuing bonds programme of up to amount of PLN 400 million including the structuring of the issue programme and the preparation of full documentation.
- i2 Development S.A. - advising in connection with the public bond issue programme, including due diligence of the issuer, preparation of issue documentation and preparation of the issue prospectus.
- Warsaw Stock Exchange - advising Warsaw Stock Exchange on public bond issue of the value of PLN 120 million.