Edon specialises in private equity backed transactions, mergers and acquisitions, renewable energy, corporate restructurings and financings (many with an international or cross border element).
He advises on a wide range of corporate matters including joint ventures, limited partnership structure, corporate finance, share/asset acquisitions and disposals and company law with a strong focus on the energy sector. He regularly advises funders and investors on due diligence and has co-ordinated cross-jurisdictional projects in relation to the acquisition and disposal of renewable assets. Edon has considerable experience in relation to renewables including wind, solar photovoltaic and the due diligence, legal issues and documents arising in such transactions.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising AMP Capital Investors (UK) Limited in relation to the disposal of wind assets (£87 million);
- Advising Encavis AG in relation to limited partnership structure in €100 million Irish renewables fund;
- Advising Mainstream Renewable Power on the Irish aspects of a $117.5 million fundraising for the holding company for their African renewables projects;
- Acting for a medical devices company in relation to its acquisition by Surmodics Inc. for a consideration up to €30million;
- Advising an optical software company in its acquisition of companies and assets in USA, Canada and Scandinavian countries and negotiating debt facilities with Wells Fargo for $23million;
- Negotiating research and licensing agreements with Universities for medical devices companies;
- Acting for nursing home group in relation to acquisition of nursing home portfolio.
- Member of DSBA Commercial Law Committee.