- Tuesday 6 December 2022 14:00-15:00 (GMT) – Designing a global contractual restrictive covenant framework. Register here.
- Tuesday 17 January 2023 13:00-14:00 (GMT) – How to conduct a team move internationally. Register here.
- Tuesday 28 February 2023 13:00-14:00 (GMT) – UK and cross-border restrictive covenant litigation. Register here.
In the wake of the pandemic and with the cost of living rising, labour supply has presented a challenge for employers. Whilst reward and flexibility are central to attracting and retaining talent, employers also need to minimise risk by ensuring their business is protected should a key employee resign. Restrictive covenants play an important role here.
Register for each of our three sessions below.
Tuesday 6 December 14:00-15:00 (GMT) – Designing a global contractual restrictive covenant framework
- We will look at the business protection strategies that organisations can adopt across the key jurisdictions in Europe.
- Exploring which elements can be consistent and which need to be modified when working across jurisdictions such as England, Wales & NI, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Scotland and Poland.
- London Head of Employment Nick Dent will quiz a panel of our international experts on when and how much you need to pay during the covenant period; the relative merits of garden leave and covenants; can you import fiduciary-like duties into contracts like the duty to report on your own wrongdoing; the difference between management and non-management staff; whether shareholder covenants (sometimes governed by a different law) are more easily enforced; and what you should do about internationally mobile staff.
- Ending with the one-minute speed view of the regime in the key global locations across the US, Middle East and APAC.
Tuesday 17 January 2023 13:00-14:00 (GMT) – How to conduct a team move internationally
- In this session we will present a case study in which a company looks to hire a close-knit team which straddles the UK, French and Italian market.
- Team moves are notoriously complex to conduct effectively, both legally and from the standpoint of the practical logistics. Industry and cultural norms are often as important as legal considerations.
- We will present a few wrong tracks to indicate where you could slip up and then some better methods which have a better chance of standing up in court, or even better avoiding litigation at all.
- Nick Dent will chair the session along with Mathilde Plenat and Giorgio Manca, the Heads of our Employment teams in France and Italy.
Tuesday 28 February 2023 13:00-14:00 (GMT) – UK and cross-border restrictive covenant litigation
- We will also run this session as a case study – the other reverse view of our previous webinar – in which a company is subjected to a concerted raid across the UK, Germany and Spain and is determined to litigate to protect its business interests.
- We will start by giving an outline of the process and tactical considerations in the UK to take legal action to enforce restrictive covenants, from injunction through to speedy trial and beyond.
- And then overlay the different considerations and additional complexities involved in pursuing the same action at the same time in Germany and Spain, from co-ordinating to the minute the first initiation of proceedings to the different enforcement regimes, timelines and potential outcomes achievable.
- Nick Dent will chair the session along with Michael Schley and Didac Ripolles, the Heads of our Employment teams in Germany and Spain.
- Nicholas Dent
- Mathilde Plenat
- Giorgio Manca
- Didac Ripolles
- Michael Schley
and more of our employment experts.
If you have any questions feel free to contact our Employment team