Purpose is central to the modern business. Businesses with a purpose have been found to grow faster and gain a higher market share than competitors. Employees who felt connected to their organisation’s purpose also coped better during the lockdowns of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What purpose does, is tell your story and also demonstrate your authenticity. From a customer and an employee perspective, a company’s purpose allows them to connect with the organisation on a human level. But what does purpose mean to legal teams? Is purpose a better metric than value to measure legal against in a business?
12:00 - 13:00 (BST)
Topics we will consider include:
- Should legal teams develop their own purpose and how should this relate to their organisation’s purpose?
- How can we ensure purpose is inclusive?
- What are practical ways to embed purpose into what your team does?
- What’s the relationship between purpose and being purposeful in activities such as Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG), Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), etc?
- Neil Laenture, Vice President Legal at GSK Consumer Healthcare EMEA
- Bill Deckelman, General Counsel at DXC Technology
- Nancy Scott, Deputy General Counsel & Region Lead EMEA at VMWare
- Lisa Stavropoulos, Deputy General Counsel at DWF
- Dr Catherine McGregor, Author and Management Consultant (Moderator)