Piotr Kunicki is a Partner in the Warsaw Public Procurement Department. His practice includes advice on public procurement and construction law, infrastructure projects and real estate. He has experience in the medical and pharmaceutical, IT, TMT, energy and infrastructure sectors, as well as in the defence and security fields.
Piotr advises clients on a regular basis on the formation of consortia, preparation of bids and applications on admission to public procurement proceedings, formation of SPV structures for bidding purposes. For over 16 years he has been representing clients before the National Appeals Chamber and district courts in public procurement law matters. He also advises awarding entities on preparing public procurement procedures, including construction, supply and service contracts, Terms of Reference (SIWZ), as well as represents awarding entities in court proceedings concerning public procurement matters. His practice includes preparation and negotiation of construction contracts for clients from the energy, road and railway sectors. Piotr regularly advises clients financing projects from EU funds (POIiŚ, POIG) on the correctness of procurement procedures. He also advises clients in matters concerning bid rigging - before the National Appeals Chamber and district courts, as well as on criminal procedures and proceedings conducted by the competition authorities.
- Attorney-at-law - The Warsaw Bar Association
Amongst other Clients, Piotr has lately been engaged in advising:
- A leading US corporation in the defence industry on public procurement law in the process of the Polish authorities' acquisition of utility helicopters for special operations, including representation before the National Appeals Chamber, leading to a successful award of the contract to the client.
- A US Fortune 500 construction corporation on entering into the Polish public energy market and pursuing and executing EPC contracts in Poland (full range of legal advice).
- A US Fortune 500 company in tenders organized by LOTOS for the Construction of a coking complex (DCU + CNHT) and hydrogen production unit (HGU) EFRA Project and by Zakłady Azotowe Tarnów group for the construction of a PDH Unit (Project Engineer).
- AZD Praha in public procurement procedures for the supply of ERTMS/ETCS systems on railway E59, including representation before the National Appeals Chamber, which led to the award of the first EPC projects in Poland.
- Warsaw Trams during the preparation of tender documentation for the supply of 213 trams (EUR 600 million).
- An energy sector contracting entity on the complex process of completion of a EUR 350 million power generating unit (CHP) under the EPCM formula.
- A Polish privately owned large construction company on public procurement, construction and litigation over the past 10 years in the road and railway industry, in such projects as the Olsztyn Bypass, Railway Baltica, etc. (ranging from EUR 50 to EUR 300 million)
- Clients in public tenders conducted by the Armament Inspectorate (awarding authority of the Polish MoD) regarding procedural and offset aspects, including procurement of missile defence systems, a virtual battle field system, computers (project value up to EUR 5 billion).
- A US Nuclear Technology Supplier company in the course of a project conducted by PGE EJ1 for the construction of the first nuclear power plant in Poland (project value approx. EUR 6 billion).
Chambers and Partners Europe 2020 – Public Procurement – Poland (Band 3):
Piotr Kunicki of DWF has a track record in assisting clients from the construction sector with tender procedures. Clients depict him as user-friendly, one asserting that he is "easy to deal with."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2020 - Construction (Tier 2):
Next Generation Partners - Piotr Kunicki
"One word: Piotr Kunicki. Not sure exactly what goes on beyond the scenes, because Piotr does a fantastic job of managing the client interface and ensuring all of the support we need is either seamlessly managed or quickly followed up."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2020 - Public Procurement (Tier 3):
"Very knowledgeable on public procurement, but what is most helpful is their practical advice on what to do and how to be successful given the public procurement law."
"Piotr Kunicki is goal oriented and professional with a very vast network of connections and an open mind. He can get the job done."
"First of all, very high professionalism and skilful communication. The teams I have worked with are able to skilfully delegate a leader who deals with transparent and efficient communication between our team and the team of the law office. This allows us to optimise cooperation."