Specialising in Healthcare Law, Laura acts on behalf of a number of leading global Insurers and Medical Defence Organisations. Laura has over 16 years experience which includes:
- Defending high value clinical negligence claims to include delayed/misdiagnosis of cancer, birth injuries, cauda equina cases, alleged sub-standard care pertaining to general, orthopaedic, obstetric and gynecological surgery and cosmetic surgery;
- Defending dental negligence claims;
- Providing risk management advice to GP Surgeries, to include complaints handling, Ombudsman investigations and patient confidentiality;
- Representing medical practitioners at Inquest Hearings and assisting clinicians in preparation of Statements for the Coroner’s Court;
- Representing clinicians at Public Inquries;
- Defending claims brought pursuant to the Data Protection Act. Advising in relation to the General Data Protection Regulations. Representing clinicians following inappropriate access to medical records;
- Defending claims relating to alleged misuse of private information and breach of Article 6 of the ECHR; and
- Delivering seminars to clinicians and medical students on various medico-legal issues to include consent, record keeping and claims procedure.
Laura also provides seminars/presentations to medical defence organisations, insurers, clinicians and medical students on market trends and relevant case law.
Law Society of Northern Ireland
Clinical Negligence Practitioners' Group
Ranked in Chambers 2023 as an 'Associate to Watch'