Kelly's prior experience at the SFO, CPS and the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) enables her to provide insightful and strategic advice to both her corporate and high net worth clients at all stages of a case whether it be at the investigation stage, trial or on appeal.
Kelly's practice covers all areas of financial services investigations, white collar crime and contentious regulatory matters. Her significant experience as a prosecutor of financial crime at the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) puts her in a unique position to assist those facing an investigation by the authorities.
Kelly has advised in some of the most high-profile, complex cross-border investigations and litigation. Prior to joining DWF, she advised an aerospace company in a global investigation into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption by the SFO, Department of Justice and Parquet National Financier. She also advised on the SFO prosecution of a number of individuals charged with conspiracy to defraud the EURIBOR rate.
Kelly's previous experience at the Independent Bar, as a Senior Crown Prosecutor at the CPS and as a Case Review Manager investigating alleged miscarriages of justice at the CCRC has afforded her the opportunity to work on cases covering the entire spectrum of criminal offences, ensuring she is well placed to advise on all matters of trial and procedure.
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Advising an aerospace company in an investigation into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption and subsequent global settlement with the SFO, DOJ and PNF.
- Advising a corporate in an investigation into allegations of corruption in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising on the SFO prosecution of a number of individuals charged with conspiracy to defraud the EURIBOR rate.
- Advising on a multi-jurisdictional SFO investigation at the pre-charge stage.
- Advising a corporate in response to an Information Request by the SFO.
- Representing an individual charged by the FCA in connection with alleged market abuse offences.
- Leading on the prosecution of a £10 million pound multi-handed diversion fraud and money laundering case resulting in the conviction of 10 defendants.
- Successfully prosecuting a case of fraud by false representation in which the defendant purported to be a billionaire to obtain credit in offending spanning multiple jurisdictions.
- Investigating alleged miscarriages of justice resulting in two cases successfully being quashed by the Court of Appeal in the landmark decision of Mateta & Others  1 WLR 1516, concerning the prosecution of refugees for Identity Document Fraud.
*Includes matters handled at DWF or prior to joining the firm.