Joshua specializes in international arbitration and has represented clients before tribunals convened under ICC, LCIA and UNCITRAL rules. He has also acted for clients involved in disputes before the DIFC Courts in Dubai, England & Wales High Court and Guernsey High Court.
He has acted on a number of high-profile international arbitrations across energy, infrastructure, technology and constructions sectors. These disputes have emanated from projects located in diverse locations, including, the UK, the UAE, Iraq and Saudi Arabia and have been resolved under English, UAE and Saudi law.
Joshua has also represented clients in the DIFC Courts, England & Wales and Guernsey High Courts on financial service, fraud, fiduciary and trust disputes.
Joshua is a qualified Solicitor Advocate. As such, he is entitled to conduct oral advocacy before the Courts of England & Wales and arbitral bodies. He is a member of the DIFC Courts and also holds a PRINCE 2 Project Management Practitioner qualification.
- Secretary of State for the Home Office v. Raytheon Systems Limited – Acted for Raytheon Systems Limited in a successful defence and counter-claim in a high value arbitration resolved in the IDRC, London, under LCIA rules. The dispute related to the design and build of the ground-breaking UK e-borders integrated technology security system which was the first and most advanced of its kind.
- Confidential – Acted for an international oil company, which was the Defendant, in respect of an ICC arbitration against the main contractor appointed to design and build a $180m oil gathering and processing facility.
- Confidential – Acted for an international hotel brand in respect of an ICC arbitration against a contractor appointed to construct a luxury hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Confidential – Acted as Claimant on behalf of an international construction company employed as a contractor to design and build elements of the Riyadh Metro Project, Saudi Arabia.
- British Gas v. Accenture – Acted on a high value dispute in the High Court of England & Wales in respect of the delivery of a complex and bespoke turn-key integrated technology system.
- Mosvee v. Torbert – Acted in the entirely successful defence of a professional trustee in the Guernsey High Court from a claim relating to the construction of real property in Portugal.
- Glenn & Ors v. Watson & Ors – Acted for the Defendant on a dispute (following a lengthy jurisdiction battle) in the High Court of England & Wales. The dispute took in a range of legal and commercial matters including trust law, contract law, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, fraud and collusion as well as commercial aspects including real estate.
- Abraaj General Partner VIII Limited (on behalf of Neoma Private Equity Fund IV L.P.) v. KPMG Lower Gulf Limited – Acted for the claimant following the collapse of the largest private equity fund in the Middle East.
- B. & R. Dora International DMCC v. Lunadiam NYC LLC and Samer Halimeh – Acted as United Arab Emirates law expert on behalf of the Plaintiff before the State of New York courts.
- Acted for Ernst & Young in respect of an SEC Investigation into its potential role in the collapse of Lehman Bank.
- Acted for a global bank conducting an internal investigation into possible market manipulation and/or price fixing of FX and commodity trading.
- Middle East based investigation into the operations of a global construction company.