Hardeep has handled aspects of a number of the highest profile matters in the City over the past 30 years and more, including Maxwell, BCCI, Lloyd's of London, Parmalat, TXU, Kaupthing, BTA Bank, Loyds/HBOS and the LIBOR litigation. He has extensive experience of complex fraud cases, shareholder litigation, post-M & A disputes, issues arising from corporate collapses of various kinds (including insolvency issues), securities matters (including regulatory aspects) and international arbitration.
Hardeep's experience covers a wide range of sectors, including financial services, private equity, energy, TMT, hospitality and leisure, healthcare, securities, commodities and projects of various kinds. Much of Hardeep's practice involves handling cross-border matters spanning several jurisdictions.
Hardeep is recognised as a leading individual for commercial litigation in Chambers and Legal 500 and as a 'London Super Lawyer' by Thomson Reuters. He has for many years been a member of the City of London Law Society Litigation Committee and of the Commercial Litigators Forum.
- Law Society
- City of London Law Society Litigation Committee
- Commercial Litigators Forum Committee
- Trinity Law Alumni
- YCO v G Lee (High Court shareholder dispute over online office services business)
- Wagstaff and Lureland (High Court shareholder dispute)
- International securities trading firm in worldwide regulatory investigation and associated litigation in Australia and Cayman (including applications to the Privy Council)
- V Tchenguiz v Kaupthing and GT (£2.2bn Commercial Court claim arising out of collapse of Kaupthing)
- Commercial entities in long-running LIBOR-fixing claims
- Substantial commercial party in very high value international arbitration concerning cement plant project in eastern Europe
- Third parties in BTA Bank v Ablyazov (long-running and very substantial Commercial Court fraud action)
- EVP v Malabu (high value Commercial Court action and related LCIA arbitration concerning OPL245 offshore west Africa oil block)