Manchester based Alex acts for a wide range of clients ranging from local authorities to blue chip businesses. In doing so, he brings exceptional insight and experience from having been seconded to the in-house legal team of one of the world's largest retail businesses.
Alex has developed an excellent reputation for his specialist expertise in public sector work. This includes advising on technical elements of Subsidy Control compliance, including supporting local authorities looking to fund social housing organisations within the Service of Public Economic Interest rules and helping clients compliantly receive grant funding. He has also advised public authorities administering public funds to improve their funding agreements. Alex also provides public procurement and commercial contract advice, recently helping a private sector client involved in delivering a high profile transport infrastructure project.
Alex stands out for his proactive approach to matters and ability to explain complex legal requirements in clear terms.
- The Subsidy Control Bill takes shape: Government publishes proposed routes to award regular and sensitive subsidies
- Under the influence: New European caselaw on the line between a land deal and "public works contract"
- Bite size update on Bechtel Limited v High Speed Two and what it means for public sector tender evaluation
- Remote meetings and Covid-19: challenges for local authorities
- New Levelling Up Fund applications will be tested for compliance with the Subsidy Control rules