Ruth has extensive experience advising both life and non-life insurance companies, and reinsurance companies on regulatory and compliance matters as well as their business in Spain or international activities, especially concerning their right of establishment or the freedom to provide services.
With a wide range of knowledge of the European and Latin American insurance market, Ruth advises on corporate operations, including authorization procedures, transfers of portfolio, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures or group reorganizations, as well as business development or distribution strategies.
Ruth has also specialized in contentious matters, mainly in relation to high risk insurance. Among other areas, her work covers losses and claims connected to liability and financial lines matters, with an emphasis on PI, E&O D&O, and employers’ liability, damages and business interruption.
She has teaching experience in universities and speaker in various academic forums or sectorial forums specialized in Europe and Latin America.
- State Insurance Inspector on leave of absence
- Former Deputy Director-General of Insurance and Legislative Policy at the Spanish insurance regulatory authority (DGSFP)
- Registered account auditor at the Official Registry (ROAC)
- Member of the Institute of Accounting and Account Auditing (ICAC)
- Member of the Association of Professional State Insurance Inspectors (APISE)
- Chambers & Partners, Insurance 2021
“She is the type of professional who can explain complex topics in the clearest way and transmits security.”
- Chambers & Partners, Insurance 2020
"Deep knowledge of the regulatory framework of the insurance sector, both nationally and at the Community level.”