Peter is instructed by commodity traders, shipowners, charterers, manufacturers and insurers on a range of domestic and international disputes. He has participated in several successful mediations and has extensive experience of all procedural aspects of the arbitration and litigation process including handling cases to trial. Peter also regularly advises insurers on coverage issues and assists with non-contentious areas such as policy drafting and commercial contracts.
- Defending a West African based mining company in a personal injury action brought by 142 nationals surrounding allegations of common design, vicarious liability and negligence.
- Advising cargo insurers on contaminated consignments of meat sold on the open market.
- Successfully prosecuting an action on behalf of a food production company concerning intellectual property infringements and breach of confidence.
- Conducting arbitration proceedings on behalf of a large Insurer client in relation to a long-running coverage dispute.
- Advising a leading UK tyre company on breaches of the terms of Bills of Lading.
- Acting in the defence of a multi-million pound surveyor overvaluation claim involving complex valuation principles, lending structures and contributory negligence issues.
- Acting for an IFA and subsequently its liquidators in proceedings arising from numerous alleged fraudulent mortgage applications.
- Peter is mentioned in the Legal 500 for Finance: Physical Commodities