Jan has over 10 years of experience representing clients from various industries in litigation and arbitration proceedings, both domestic and international.
Jan specialises primarily in construction and infrastructure (roads, rail, engineering, energy), where he represents contractors in disputes with project owners and subcontractors from early negotiations over price, time for completion and technical matters, through drafting claims, mediation, representation before intra-contract dispute adjudication bodies, preliminary injunction applications, litigation or arbitration, all the way to a successful outcome. He is an expert in the FIDIC environment and regularly advises clients in the day-to-day contract management.
Jan has extensive experience and academic background in disputes in retail trade. He has represented big retail chains in disputes with suppliers pertaining to contract performance and charges of unfair market practices.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Representing a Polish employer in an arbitration initiated by a Spanish contractor over failed construction of a combined cycle power plant in Poland (EPC contract).
- Representing a Polish insurance company in litigation initiated by a Polish bank in relation to a failed investment in a plywood factory in Siberia.
- Representing a Spanish group of construction companies in litigation against Polish State Railways (employer) regarding delays, extension of time for completion of works (EoT), EoT-related financial claims, costs related to disruption, acceleration and errors in design (FIDIC Red Book contract).
- Representing a Spanish construction company in preliminary injunction proceedings aimed at preventing the owner of a project from cashing bank guarantees.