Practical advice on the correct determination and handling of employment status in a global workplace.
Employers engaging their workforce through different working models to the standard employer / employee relationship can face a myriad of questions with regard to employment status. Determining the correct employment status and differentiated treatment of individuals according to their status presents significant compliance issues for many employers with a number of high profile cases around the world. Even if the distinction between employees, workers (where applicable) and the self-employed usually follows similar criteria, national specificities are still evident.
When labour supply is sourced from across the globe, understanding the employment status challenge is of paramount importance.
The following key questions will be addressed by our global panel of experts during the webinar:
- Why is correct determination and observation of employment status so important for global employers and what are the consequences of non-compliance?
- What are the current national and international issues?
- When managing an international workforce, what steps can employers take to mitigate the risk of misclassification and what do corresponding efficient compliance systems look like?
- What is on the horizon for employment status?
- Eva Einfeldt, Global Head of Employment & Pensions (Germany)
- Jon Keeble, Partner (UK)
- Emil Smogorzewski, Senior Associate (Poland)
- Mason Fettell, Senior Associate (Australia)
- Tom Stiebert, Senior Associate (Germany)
- Olga Cornejo, Manager (Spain)