Luca has gained extensive experience through his involvement in major M&A, corporate and private equity transactions.
He is a highly regarded practitioner and has significant experience acting for clients who operate in different industries, including in both the public and private sector. He effectively supports his clients by providing tailor-made advice on a range of deals including but not limited to corporate governance, commercial contracts, industrial M&A and private equity transactions.
He specializes in the representation of domestic and international corporate clients, private equity funds, commercial banks and their private equity affiliates in public and private, domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity investments, advising on all aspects of the creation, structuring and implementation of highly complex transactions.
In addition to his M&A work, Luca has a comprehensive knowledge of the renewable energy sector, and is often involved in energy transactions assisting both investors and banks in complex cases.
Luca is Scientific Committee member and lecturer at Il Sole 24 ore Business School and he has also authored several articles pertaining to his wide range of expertise.
Luca is recognized as a highly regarded professional for M&A and corporate according to Legal 500.
Recently, he has authored "Le operazioni di private equity: un case-study" with the collaboration of the DWF associate Antonio Lopetuso, on Analisi Giuridica dell'Economia, 1-2/2021, by Gian Domenico Mosco and Casimiro A. Nigro, Bologna, Il Mulino, 485
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Milan Bar
"Good personal service. Lead partner Luca Cuomo really puts himself in his clients' shoes and seems commercial in his approach to legal issues." – IFRL1000 2020
"Responsive, supportive and proactive in term of approach and problem-solving solution. Very solid in term of professionalism." – IFRL1000 2020
"He is a very business-focused lawyer and we are very impressed with his ability to bring in different resources when necessary. He is careful, thoughtful and smart" - Legalcommunity 2018
- Advised a consortium of investors led by VAM Investments and Fondo Italiano d'Investimento, with the participation of Italmobiliare, in the founding of Florence S.p.A. with the aim of creating the first luxury clothing production centre in Italy through the acquisition of Giuntini S.p.A, Ciemmeci Fashion S.r.l. and Mely's Maglieria S.r.l. (November 2020)
- Assisted VAM Investments in the acquisition of Demenego S.r.l. through the completion of a buyout transaction in which the De Menego family reinvested with a 20% stake (September 2020)
- Advised shareholders of I.P.A.M. S.r.l. in the sale of the entire share capital to BidCo 32 S.r.l. and in the subsequent reinvestment in AFC Holding S.p.A., a holding company controlled by Ambienta SGR S.p.A. (July 2019)
- Advised the shareholders of Giglio.com in the legal aspects of a minority investment by Equilybra S.p.A. (January 2019)