Colin regularly advises Central and Local Government, and other public sector bodies when looking to deliver major service and regeneration projects across the UK. Colin also advises some of the UKs biggest Strategic Suppliers looking to provide services to the public or challenging procurement procedures.
Colin has over 15 years' experience of advising on the successful delivery of major projects across the UK including some of the biggest outsourcings of services to third parties, in-sourcing services back to public sector control, and the delivery of major regeneration and leisure projects.
Colin specialises in public law, governance and safeguarding decision making, procurement, consultation, and preparing and negotiating commercial terms and conditions (based on Model Service Contracts and bespoke drafting). Colin has previously worked for Central Government as a civil servant and has also been awarded the Post Graduate Diploma in Local Government Law. Colin's recent previous experience includes advising:
- DWP on the £160m Contact Centre procurement.
- Cabinet Office on the extension of the ISSC contract.
- Government Legal Department on multiple procurement and commercial disputes.
- Welsh Government on multiple material regeneration projects surrounding Cardiff train station.
- Sports Wales on the reorganisation of funding across Wales.
- Health and Safety Executive on its gas register procurement.
- Challenging the award of a contract by the Ministry of Defence.
- Challenging the award of a contract by the Department of Transport.
- the Royal Borough of Greenwich on all of their major Regeneration and Housing matters (based on a multi-year sole mandate model).
- Sheffield City Council on 3x procurements relating to the delivery of their leisure and entertainment service.
- Multiple Local Authorities across the UK on the delivery of circa 20% of Levelling Up Funds across England.
- over 250 Local Authorities on their biggest regeneration projects (including but not limited to Wirral, Bradford, Blackpool, Wakefield, Wolverhampton, West Lindsey, North Tyneside, Newcastle, Gateshead, Conwy, and Swansea Councils and the London Boroughs of Newham, Hackney and Haringey and Westminster).
- Severn Trent on multiple material high value/profile procurements.
Colin is Client Partner for the operation of frameworks agreements that allow the public sector to directly appoint DWF:
- CCS RM6179 (Central Government)
- CCS RM6240 (Public Sector)
- Welsh Government
- Scottish Government
- London Borough Legal Alliance
- EM Lawshare
- North East Purchasing Organisation (NEPO)
- Homes England
- Met Police
- Procurement Act 2024
- Levelling Up Fund Round 3 to be launched in November 2023
- Town Partnerships: the government announces a new £1.1bn regeneration initiative for 55 towns
Recognised as a leading individual in Tier 1 #Legal 500 on EU and Competition Law, and Local Government Law.
- "High degree of knowledge on public procurement and public sector governance issues"
- "very client centric and helps everything tick along very smoothly"