There have been a number of interesting new developments in employment law over the past few months ranging from a rare case on marriage discrimination to a number of Private Members' Bills making their way through Parliament:
- Webinar Series: Restrictive Covenants
- New consultation on calculating holiday entitlement
- DWF employment law experts examine latest labour market data
- EAT: Marriage discrimination
- Strikes Minimum Service Levels Bill
- Employment Law reform in 2023 and beyond
- Covid-19: Court of Appeal
- Pensions Insight 2022
- Artificial intelligence and the workplace
Restrictive Covenants webinar: UK and cross-border restrictive covenant litigation
Tuesday 28 February 2023 | 13:00-14:00 (GMT)
In the wake of the pandemic and with the cost of living rising, labour supply has presented a challenge for employers. Whilst reward and flexibility are central to attracting and retaining talent, employers also need to minimise risk by ensuring their business is protected should a key employee resign. Restrictive covenants play an important role here.
- We will run this session as a case study – the other reverse view of our previous webinar – in which a company is subjected to a concerted raid across the UK, Germany and Spain and is determined to litigate to protect its business interests.
- We will start by giving an outline of the process and tactical considerations in the UK to take legal action to enforce restrictive covenants, from injunction through to speedy trial and beyond.
- And then overlay the different considerations and additional complexities involved in pursuing the same action at the same time in Germany and Spain, from co-ordinating to the minute the first initiation of proceedings to the different enforcement regimes, timelines and potential outcomes achievable.
- Nick Dent will chair the session along with Michael Schley and Didac Ripolles, the Heads of our Employment teams in Germany and Spain.'