Xavier advises domestic and international clients on issues related to intellectual property rights (including both prosecution and litigation). His experience encompasses intellectual property audits, due diligences, licensing and transactional work. He also has experience on unfair competition, domain names and trade secrets.
He represents clients in prosecution matters before the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). He has extensive experience in representing clients in opposition, cancellation and revocation proceedings before the OEPM and the EUIPO, and in enforcing their intellectual property rights in legal proceedings before Spanish Courts and the European General Court, as well as in domain name disputes before the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre.
Moreover, he is a European Trademark and Design Attorney before the EUIPO, a Sworn French Translator-Interpreter, appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and a lecturer at the Business Management and Entrepreneurship program for KIC InnoEnergy.
- Spanish Industrial Property Attorney.
- Member of INTA (International Trademark Association). He currently serves as a member of the Enforcement Committee.
- Member of the European Observatory on Infringements of Intellectual Property Rights (SME Expert Group).
- Best Lawyers 2020 - Intellectual Property Law - Spain
- Leaders League 2019 - Intellectual Property - Patent Prosecution - Spain