Lee has acted in relation to large development and regeneration projects with particular emphasis on housing regeneration.
His clients include the Homes and Communities Agency, Arch Group (a local authority delivery vehicle) and local authorities such as Darlington Borough Council, Stockton Borough Council, Sunderland Council, Conwy County Borough Council, West Lindsey District Council and Cornwall Council.
Lee is Deputy Head of DWF's National Housing Team and acts for registered providers of housing such as Places for People Group, Riverside Group, Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust and Home Group in relation to housing acquisitions and disposals including stock rationalisation projects.
- Homes and Communities Agency in relation to their accelerated delivery programme, standard building lease development programme, Investment Directorate funding transactions and advising the contingents assets and liabilities team.
- Places for People Group in the acquisition of tenanted and vacant off-plan housing units for use in the private rented sector, stock rationalisation acquisitions and rolling programmes of void unit auction sales, supported living and retirement property acquisitions.
- Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust in relation to the development of Red Lodge New Earswick, their asset register, voluntary registration project and housing stock refinance as well as a rolling programme of acquisitions, lettings and disposals.
- Various local authorities in relation to advise on setting up housing delivery vehicles.
- West Lindsey District Council on the procurement of a development partner for the mixed use regeneration of Gainsborough Town Centre.
- Cornwall Council on the acquisition and Northumberland Estates on the development of residential sites under a project management model which involves partnering with local and regional SME housebuilders.
Lee is a Legal 500 recommended lawyer and in the 2017 edition recognised as a 'next generation lawyer' and his team are ranked for social housing in the North.
He is also ranked in Chambers 2018 edition which notes his focus on public sector development and regeneration, and as 'the firm's leading light for social housing matters'.