Jan-Ulf was admitted as a German Rechtsanwalt. He has broad experience in advising and representing clients in international disputes, especially in the field of corporate and commercial litigation, real estate litigation, insurance disputes and cross border litigation. He has been advising and representing clients as a lawyer for over fifteen years and pleaded before various German courts, including the courts of appeal. His core expertise is representation of CEOs of large companies in liability disputes/D&O.
Jan-Ulf studied law in Germany and Scotland. He has a diploma, a master title and a Ph.D. in the field of law. He regularly publishes articles on procedural issues in the renowned legal journal NJW.
Prior to joining DWF, he worked in Litigation and Arbitration departments for other large international law firms.
- Defence of CEO against 5 mio claim in connection with an M&A deal.
- Representing a German healthcare company in a Stuttgart seated post M&A litigation against a Singaporean buyer.
- Representing a leading German real estate investment group in a dispute over a joint-venture agreement with its former German partner.
- Representing a trustee in about 300 (independent) German court proceedings against claims from individuals.
- Kein Versicherungsschutz für Rechtsanwalt als reinen Mittelverwendungskontrolleur, GWR volume 3/2016, 57
- Konkurrenz von § 20 VermAnlG und bürgerlich-rechtlicher Prospekthaftung bei fehlerhaftem Prospekt, NJW volume 16/2013, 1126 ff.
- Menschenrechtsbeschwerde für Banken? (Editorial), NJW volume 19/2012 https://content.beck.de/NJW/Editorial_19-2012.pdf
- Massenverfahren – Ende des Beibringungsgrundsatzes? NJW volume 44/2010
- Partielle Disponibilität der Würde des Menschen, Dissertation, 2009