A healthy variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures gives us the balance of voices and diversity of thought that we need to produce an environment that promotes innovation and creativity, enabling us to be better together.
Our vision is to create a working environment and culture where people of all backgrounds can bring their whole self to work and contribute at their highest level and where their differences have a positive impact.
Executive sponsors and senior leaders, supported by our Affinity Networks and passionate Diversity Champions form our Global D&I Leadership Group which defines and implements our global our D&I Strategy around 5 priorities, objectives, themes, measures, and strands: Gender, Race & Ethnicity, LGBT+, Disability, Mental Health.
Our colleague-led networks provide the opportunity for our people to build an inclusive workplace, connect like-minded colleagues and create a space where they feel safe voicing their experiences. Our networks include:
- Out Front is a company wide network for lesbian, gay, bi, and trans colleagues and champion of our LGBT+ Allies program.
- This is Me is our network for progressing gender parity.
- Race and Ethnicity Network is our group focused on developing ethnic diversity and promoting greater cultural diversity across the business.
- Diverse Ability: our network for neurodiverse people and those with hidden and visible disabilities plus carers and allies.
- Wellbeing Steering Committee: Supporting the wellbeing of colleagues across the organisation including mental, physical, financial and relationship wellbeing as well as key focus areas such as menopause support.
Our colleagues across all our locations come together to celebrate and champion diversity and inclusion in support of events such as International Women’s Day, Neurodiversity Celebration Week, International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia, Diversity Week, and International Men’s Day and our ethos has led to several awards that recognise our efforts in building an inclusive workplace for our employees.
Our D&I Strategy and key statistics are published on our website to ensure visibility and to keep people updated with our plans and performance. To ensure we maintain pace with best practice we are a proud partner to several organisations that help support us in ensuring our employees can fulfil their ambitions with DWF and we remain a great place to work for all.
To help our collegues feel welcomed, supported, and given the best opportunity to do their best work, we use ClearTalents™, which is a platform that allows you to explore your working environment to discover if changes can be made to improve your experience of work, your personal performance, and your overall wellbeing. The platform supports individuals through a series of questions to create a unique profile unique to their personal circumstances. This helps us with the recruitment process by learning about how we can support and accommodate people to excel at DWF.