Planning within Australia is a complex and ever changing process. Despite this, we appreciate that our clients want their project delivered as quickly and as profitably as possible, and this is our objective too. Drawing on the expertise of market leading planning and environment lawyers, our team can deliver projects ranging from the small or unusual to the most iconic and large-scale developments.
We assist developers with all aspects of planning, including:
- planning permit approvals (including tribunal and court hearings);
- interpretation and effect of planning schemes and related legislation;
- heritage controls;
- developments across residential, commercial, industrial and retail projects;
- environmental issues such as land contamination, waste disposal, environmental audits and EPA works and licences;
- compensation and acquisition claims; and
- energy and sustainability projects including wind and solar.
Beyond work undertaken in planning, we also have a high level proficiency in sustainability and environmental work. Many projects face sensitive environmental issues and they are an ever present consideration when delivering projects. Our experience in environmental work includes "built-form" projects, contamination, waste and recycling.
We like to partner with our clients from the earliest stages of their projects and give strategic advice on process. We want to understand their business so we can truly assist with commercial outcomes. We think “whole of project” which means we are always focused on broader interests, not just the transaction at hand; thinking of the implications for the next step of the project to help solve our client’s current challenges.
By obtaining permit approvals and avoiding disputes or delays with hearings, we maximise your projects potential.