Our vision is to create a working environment and culture where colleagues of all different backgrounds are able to contribute at their highest level to deliver positive outcomes for our colleagues, clients and communities. This means sustaining a workplace where everyone is included, valued and equipped with skills for today and the future.
Diversity & Inclusion targets
- Increase the proportion of women on the Executive Board to 40% by 2025.
- Increase the proportion of senior management roles held by women globally to at least 40% by 2025.
- In the UK, increase the representation of ethnic minority colleagues across senior management to 10% by 2025.
- In the UK, increase the representation of ethnic minority colleagues across all career bands to 13%.
- Increase Black representation overall and in senior roles to at least 3% by 2025.
- The Board to initiate global Gender Pay Gap reporting by 2022 (In addition, to ethnicity, publish UK pay data by disability, LGBTQ+ by 2023).
- The Board to review additional targets to include all DWF regions by end 2022.
Building an inclusive workplace
Our employee-led networks provide the opportunity for our people to build an inclusive workplace, connect like-minded colleagues and create a space where they feel safe voicing their experiences.
Our networks include:
- Wellbeing Steering Committee: Supporting the wellbeing of colleagues across the organisation including mental, physical, financial and relationship wellbeing as well as key focus areas such as menopause support.
- Out Front: our company wide network for lesbian, gay, bi, trans and queer colleagues, and any ally colleagues.
- This is Me: our company wide network for progressing gender parity.
- Race and Ethnicity Network: our group focused on increasing ethnic diversity and promoting cultural diversity across the business.
- Diverse Ability: our network for neurodiverse people and those with hidden and visible disabilities plus carers and allies.
Our global diversity and inclusion campaigns
Each year all of our locations come together to celebrate and champion diversity and inclusion, here are some of our campaigns we've been involved in.
- International Women's Day involves initiatives that give voice to the importance of creating a gender-equal world, and sessions where we inspire the next generation of women and colleagues who share their stories in photos, quotes and blogs.
- Diversity Week provides an opportunity to reflect on our achievements, showcase our inclusion initiatives and take the time to gain new perspectives on our lives and others around us.
- International Men's Day encourages our male colleagues to become champions and sponsors for gender equality. It provides an opportunity to address issues facing men including working flexibly, men's mental health, and boys in education.
- International Day of Person’s with Disabilities and Neurodiversity Celebration Week
- International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia: providing opportunities for global colleagues to understand more about LGBTQIA+ discrimination and how to create greater inclusion.
- World Menopause Day giving global colleagues an opportunity to share their experience and raise awareness for menopause as global workplace issue.
- Black History Month and cultural inclusion campaigns such as Ramadan support
Tracking our achievements
- Implementing divisional D&I plans, owned by divisional CEO.
- Focusing on divisional talent pipelines and succession planning to increase the representation of women and ethnic minority talent throughout our organisation.
- Reporting on workforce diversity shared with Global Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Group and Executive Board quarterly.
- D&I objectives in place for all managers, forming part of their performance review.
- Board member remuneration linked to the delivery of our D&I targets.
- Mentoring programme including race and ethnicity, two way mentoring and women's peer to peer mentoring.
- Launching an Ethnic Minority Access Scheme for aspiring lawyers from ethnic minority backgrounds.
- Collaborating with D&I experts, sector peers and clients to advance D&I.
- Diversity reviews of client teams championed by our CEO to establish to increase representation of global, female and ethnic minority colleagues, and emerging talent.
- Showcasing diverse role models & talent across our global business.
- Utilising Rare Contextual Recruitment within our Emerging Talent process.
- Delivering mandatory D&I training and Inclusive Leadership training for our leaders.
- Improving how we recruit by introducing blind CV's for senior management roles, mandatory inclusive hiring training and increasing recruitment of underrepresented groups.