Darren is a professional, practical and accountable senior level HSE Manager with over 20 years of industry experience in the private and public sectors. He specialises in management systems, strategy, leadership and governance. Darren's skills and experience equip him with the ability to engage with workers at all levels of any organisation, and to provide holistic solutions to facilitate improved safety performance.
Darren's experience includes eight years in the Queensland Government WHS regulator (WHSQ), in a number of roles including Principal Advisor and Principal Inspector - Construction. Private sector experience includes Master Builders Queensland Health, Safety and Environment Manager, and 10 years in tier one construction and engineering contracting companies Lendlease and John Holland. Darren has held Regional and Group level roles encompassing Work Health and Safety, Environment and Quality functions. Darren also has experience in Energy (HSE Systems & Governance Manager at Powerlink Queensland), and in the Mining industry as HSE Manager (Asia Pacific and Africa) at Ausenco Services Pty Ltd.
At DWF, Darren leads DWF Risk and his services include:
- Investigations into incidents, injuries and compensation claims
- WHS Management Systems and Documentation
- Assurance Activities including audits and inspections
- Company Officer WHS Due Diligence awareness, training and strategy
- Crisis Management
- Training in WHS requirements
- Strategic planning for improved WHS performance
- Contractor WHS management
- Risk Management
- Enforceable Undertakings
Visit our DWF Risk page to find out more.
In his spare time, Darren enjoys spending family time outdoors with his wife and two children.
- Chartered Professional Member - Australian Institute of Health and Safety (CPMAIHS)