The inclusions in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia demonstrate DWF’s high calibre of expertise across the business and its solid position within the Australian legal services industry.
DWF’s Managing Director (Australia), Principal Lawyer, and Head of Insurance in Australia, Damien van Brunschot, has been recognised in several categories including Insurance Law, Litigation, and Personal Injury Litigation. In addition, he has been named "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury Litigation in Brisbane. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honoured as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant.
Additionally, the following lawyers at DWF have been recognised in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia:
- Matthew Smith (Principal Lawyer, and DWF’s Head of Employment, Safety & Regulatory in Australia): Occupational Health and Safety Law
- Hamish Broadbent (Principal Lawyer): Personal Injury Litigation
- Robert Parcell (DWF Consultant): Personal Injury Litigation
- Julien Fraccaro (Senior Associate): Personal Injury Litigation
- Andre Wyman (Senior Associate): Insurance Law
Commenting on the announcement, Damien van Brunschot, Managing Director (Australia) said:
“It is a great result to see such strong representation across DWF and for the team to be recognised for the excellent work which we do for clients.
“As a global legal business, DWF is uniquely positioned in Australia as we can leverage our global expertise and resources while providing tailored and localised legal advice to our clients.
“I would like to congratulate my colleagues on their inclusion in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia, and I am confident they will continue to do an excellent job in representing their clients and the business,” he added.