Karol heads the Energy Department and the Innovative Energy Department of DWF Poland. His expertise focuses on renewable energy sources, onshore as well as offshore, wind and PV.
He is deeply engaged in the activities of associations and parliamentary groups related to RES. Since 2018, he has been an expert of the Parliamentary Offshore Wind Energy Group and - for many years - a member of the Steering Committee of the Polish Wind Energy Association.
He also advises Polish and foreign enterprises from all industry sectors with respect to legal compliance issues.
- Attorney-at-law - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Advisor to the Parliamentary Committee on Offshore Wind
- Lecturer of energy law, Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW), Faculty of Production Engineering, Renewable Energy Technologies, 2010 - present
- Conference Committee Member, XII Polish Wind Energy Association Conference and Exhibition, June 20-21, 2017, Serock, Poland
- President, British Alumni Society, 2011 - 2015
- Vice-President, British Alumni Society, 2009 - 2011
- Membership Officer, British Alumni Society , 2007 – 2009
- Chambers and Partners Europe 2019 - Energy & Natural Resources - Poland (Band 2)
Karol Lasocki focuses his practice on renewable energy matters, notably advising clients on onshore and offshore wind farm transactions and photovoltaic projects. Widely acknowledged for his experience and expertise, he is singled out for numerous strengths by a client who says: "He's an expert, is always well prepared, flexible, open for discussion and creative, with a high level of personal skills."
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 - Energy and Natural Resources (Tier 2) - Karol Lasocki - Leading Individual
With 'deep business-orientation', Warsaw team is noted for its ability to propose 'strong out-of-the-box solutions'. The group has particular expertise in the renewable energy sector, where it advises a mixture of investors, producers, as well as the Polish Wind Energy Association. Practice head Karol Lasocki is advising Eolos Polska on a number of administrative and tax matters concerning its Polish wind farm investments.
- Ranking organized by the daily newspaper "Rzeczpospolita"
In the energy category, Karol Lasocki received the title of Lawyer - Leader
- Advising Polish and foreign entrepreneurs on starting up their PV businesses in Poland.
- Advising investors on utilizing the investment protection provided for by the Energy Charter Treaty and BIT treaties.
- Providing consultancy to general contractors performing power grid construction contracts with PSE in terms of time-efficient and cost-effective solutions in the planning and construction phase.
- Successful assistance to investors in the process of applying for permissions to locate wind farms at sea.