Adrian Jonca is a Partner and the head of the tax team in Poland. He has many years of experience in practicing as a tax advisor for foreign companies in Poland. His main area of activity concerns tax litigation in a variety of tax matter areas during tax control proceedings and in courts, at trial and appellate levels. His experience includes negotiating, drafting and advising on a wide variety of commercial, infrastructure, leasing and M&A transactions in Poland; representing international and national clients in tax litigation matters and developing trial and pre-trial strategy; litigation activities including the representation of tax payers in VAT and CIT matters, capital duty disputes and other tax claims; and representation of management in employment litigation and related tax matters, including investigation of allegations of tax fraud or tax evasion. Adrian has also successfully conducted litigation in a variety of high-profile tax cases with regard to national and international tax issues and achieved favourable resolutions of complex, often challenging, cases, including almost a dozen rulings in which the settlement exceeded the claim value of €10 million.
- Tax Advisor - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Advising Kapsch TrafficCom on tax issues regarding implementation of the award-winning project "viaTOLL”, an electronic toll collection system in Poland.
- Advising the Klösters Group regarding the purchase of agriculture land. Our advice also covered tax warranties, tax cashing-in proceedings following the acquisition, and assessment of potential tax claims.
- Advising Alpine Bau GmbH, a large construction company, on various tax issues relating to the cross-border insolvency proceedings of its Polish branch.
- Advising InterHealth Canada on tax issues related to the design, construction, equipping and financing of a regional hospital in Żywiec. Poland. This project is the first PPP in the healthcare sector in Poland.