Our final InsureInsight event of the year will cover two topics of huge interest to the insurance sector, with fantastic guest speakers lined up to provide essential insights on two key issues impacting insurers and to answer the questions we are all asking:
- A shift in tone or substance: what does a potential change of government mean for the Insurance industry? With Alice Perry, UK Director - Public Affairs, H/Advisors Cicero
- AI and Insurers: Has the tipping point arrived? With Jacob Palmer, Partner, Boston Consulting Group and Iman Karimi, Associate Director – Data Science and Global Lead of AI in insurance distribution for Boston Consulting Group, and Andrew Jacobs, Partner and Head of Regulatory Consulting, DWF
For more details on each of our speakers and the full agenda, see below.
This will be an invaluable event for all non-claims personnel in the insurance sector, and offers a unique opportunity for networking to discuss some of the challenges and opportunities currently faced by industry peers. We hope to see you there.
Agenda and timings
- 14:00 - 14:20 Arrival, coffee and networking
- 14:20 - 14:30 Welcome and introduction from Claire Bowler
- 14:30 - 15:30 A shift in tone or substance: what does a potential change of government mean for the Insurance industry?
- 15:30 - 15:55 Coffee break
- 15:55 - 16:55 AI and Insurers: Has the tipping point arrived?
- 16:55 - 17:00 Wrap up and closing remarks
- From 17:00 Drinks reception and networking
Alice is a Director at H/Advisors Cicero, working with clients to provide political counsel and advising on political engagement strategies. Alice was a member of the Labour Party National Executive Committee for eight years and has also been involved in drafting three General Election manifestos. Alice has previously delivered talks to the likes of Lloyds of London, Barclays and City of London Corporation; and recently delivered a presentation on the state of UK politics at the Women's Insurance Network winter conference.
Jacob Palmer is a core member of Boston Consulting Group’s Insurance practice. He works with commercial and life (re)insurers on strategy, finance and risk, underwriting excellence, value creation, and digital transformation topics. He has worked extensively with Lloyd’s of London and London Market participants, in addition to supporting leading global and European (re)insurers, brokers, and insurance software providers.
Dr Iman Karimi began his career at Boston Consulting Group in 2014. He is currently the Global Lead for AI in insurance distribution and an Associate Director of Data Science in BCG X (formerly BCG GAMMA,) BCG’s AI & Software solutions practice area. Iman is an expert in advanced analytics, particularly in predictive and prescriptive modelling via machine learning and other AI techniques and he is spearheading the Generative AI applications in insurance, esp. in distribution, sales and marketing. He has extensive experience in applications of advanced analytics across the value chain of insurance in BCG and prior to that as Divisional Director in Willis Analytics.
Andrew has been a partner at two-top ten firms, providing regulatory expertise to clients. He also held board positions at several firms, where he was responsible for Compliance, Risk, and AML. Andrew joined DWF in 2019 to establish, lead and successfully develop the Regulatory Consulting practice. Andrew is dual qualified under the CII and CISI and is a strong generalist, having led FCA Skilled Person reviews (mainly across Financial Crime and Conduct of Business), Independent Reviews, Due Diligence projects, Advisory Projects and Internal Audits. He specialises in Anti-Financial Crime, Governance, Board Effectiveness, Conduct and relationships with regulators.