Maria Kierska is an advocate, member of the Dispute Resolution Team and Energy Law Team at DWF Poland. She holds a PhD title from Jagiellonian University and her major academic interests are commercial arbitration and private international law.
She focuses on dispute resolution before the common courts and arbitration tribunals concerning commercial and construction contracts (including FIDIC contracts), liability for damages, company law, interim measures and enforcement proceedings, as well as contracts negotiations and commercial mediation.
Maria's experience also includes transactional and real estate aspects of renewable energy sector in Poland.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Member of a team representing construction companies in disputes arising out of a construction contract concerning contractual penalties, damages, payment for additional works, as well as in accompanying proceedings for interim measures of protection
- Negotiating and drafting various commercial contracts, including DDP, EPC, construction, purchase contracts for clients from the energy, transport and construction sectors
- Due diligence of various onshore wind projects and PV projects
- Member of a team representing a client from the film industry in an international dispute regarding a licence agreement
- Advising a client from the housing and development sector in a dispute with the local authorities regarding an investment process
- Advising clients from the construction and energy sector on the early stages of conflict development, including disputes involving multi-tier dispute resolution mechanisms