Michał Pawłowski is an experienced corporate lawyer focusing on capital markets, M&A and private equity. He also deals with financial regulatory and corporate governance issues. He advises clients on transactions involving public offerings of shares (primary and secondary), bond issue programs, withdrawing companies from the stock market (P2P) and mergers and acquisitions, including for private equity and infrastructure funds.
Michał has advised on a number of pioneering transactions on the Polish market, including on one the largest transaction on the Polish financial market for Banco Santander. He also advised on a number of securities offerings of Polish and foreign issuers and mergers and acquisitions, including sizeable cross-border projects. His active clients include names like Enter Air, H.I.G., Enterprise Investors, Scatec Solar, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, PZU or Santander.
Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Capital Markets (Tier 3)
"Michał Pawłowski is a business-oriented lawyer; his ability to come up with solutions and solve problems is outstanding. He is a go-to lawyer in the capital markets and M&A space."
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 – Private Equity (Tier 2)
"Michał Pawłowski, extremely knowledgeable about deal pipelines, specifics of deal dynamics and well networked; great experience in actual transaction parameters; key asset."
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A (Tier 4)
"Great team, professional, client-oriented. Very good understanding of client needs and business overall. Always on time, quick in response. Extremely high negotiation skills. Always available."
- IFLR1000 2023 – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity - Highly regarded
Initial and Secondary Public offerings
- ABB Wittchen – acting as an exclusive transaction advisor in connection with the sale by Gold Town Inv. Limited, the majority shareholder of Wittchen S.A., of part of the Shareholder’s shares in the Company through an accelerated book-building process, with sole global coordinator and bookrunner Ipopema Securities.
- ABB Auto Partner S.A. – acting as an exclusive transaction advisor in connection with the sale by Turzyńska Fundacja Rodzinna, the majority shareholder of Auto Partner S.A., of part of their shares in the Company through an accelerated book-building process.
- ABB PGE S.A. – acting as an advisor to PGE S.A. in connection with the placement of shares in PGE S.A.
- Novaturas AB - advising as transactional counsel in Novatura’s initial public offering and introduction of shares on the Polish market to the trading market on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, comprising inter alia supporting the issuer in fulfilling information duties, as well as legal advice on the corporate governance.
- Danwood Holding S.A. - advising as bookrunner’s counsel in relation to the initial public offering of the Company on Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- H.I.G. Capital (a leading private equity fund) – advising on the acquisition of 100% of shares in Meyra Group S.A., a leader in the market of rehabilitation and orthopedic equipment.
- Teufelberger – advising on the joint acquisition of 100% of shares in Marflex - M.J. Maillis Poland Sp. z o.o., a part of the Maillis Group, together with a US based co-investor, Sigma Plastics Group, including due diligence, drafting and negotiation of documentation.
- i2 Development S.A. - advising on an investment agreement concerning joint investment in a special purpose vehicle together with YIT Development sp z o.o. Preparation of the investment agreement and the shareholders' agreement of the newly established special purpose vehicle.
- CDRL S.A. - advising on the acquisition of a majority share in a foreign company with a chain of stores for children's goods in Belarus operating under the brand name-Buslik. Comprehensive legal advisory in the project, including advising on the preparation of the investment agreement.
- LC Corp - advising on the process of issuing bonds programme of up to amount of PLN 400 million including the structuring of the issue programme and the preparation of full documentation.
- i2 Development S.A. - advising in connection with the public bond issue programme, including due diligence of the issuer, preparation of issue documentation and preparation of the issue prospectus.
- Warsaw Stock Exchange - advising Warsaw Stock Exchange on public bond issue of the value of PLN 120 million.