Francesco is Head of Compliance Dept. (Italy) at DWF Milan Office.
Thanks to a deep expertise in civil, commercial and bankruptcy disputes, Francesco assists clients in their compliance matters - from anti-corruption and internal investigations to AML, from data protection to corporate governance and market abuse regulation - with the added value of a litigation angle.
Drafting policies and procedures, carrying out risks assessments, reviewing specific issues on complex compliance matters, even with cross-borders implications: Francesco assists clients in ordinary compliance activities as well as in innovative projects.
Francesco was seconded for one year to the global compliance department of a US law firm New York City office to advance his expertise on anti-corruption and investigations (including those under FCPA and UK Bribery Act).
He graduated cum laude from the Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca in Milan in 2004. He also studied at the University of California at San Diego, attending a course on macroeconomics, and, with an Erasmus scholarship, studied at Lund University (Sweden) Faculty of Law, for a semester. From 2004 until 2007 he was an assistant in Business Law on the law faculty of Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.
- Francesco is a member of the panel of experts supporting Transparency International Italia - ALAC (Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre).
- He was admitted to the Italian Bar in 2007.
"The team leader, Francesco Falco, has the added value of being a proactive, true lawyer with a can-do attitude and an experienced approach to addressing complex matters. He goes beyond standard compliance activities" (Compliance, Legal 500).
Clients highlight Francesco Falco as "a reactive and knowledgeable lawyer. He provides particular experience in contentious financial and bankruptcy proceedings" (Dispute Resolution, Chambers and Partners).
- Assisting one of the main Italian listed company in an innovative project (including the development of a mobile phone app), to collect and transfer sensitive data outside the EU.
- Assisting the exclusive Italian distributor of a Chinese manufacturer of phone products in the development of a Compliance Programme under Decree 231/2001
- Assisting an Italian company operating in Africa as gas concessionaire in the implementation of a Compliance Programme under Decree 231/2001
- Assisting the Italian subsidiary of an international group operating in the tourism sector in the GDPR implementation
- Assisting one of the main Italian listed company in the implementation of market abuse policies and procedures
- Assisting the Italian subsidiaries of an international group in the review of the AML applicable legislation and in the identification of the beneficial owners(s)