We safeguard the reputation of you and your business. Our approach is distinctive.
Continually ranked as national leaders in the field of Health & Safety defence we are praised for our focus on risk analysis, commercial understanding and a breadth of expertise across sectors and industries.
Our team includes over 20 lawyers including an ex HSE prosecutor. The team also benefits from support from paralegals and access to a range of Consultants through DWF Resource, giving us the ability to service clients in the aftermath of any scale of event or incident.
Our regulatory expertise is recognised as decisive, detailed and proactive and we provide support and advice throughout cases to corporate bodies AND individuals:
- HSE/Police/Local Authority investigations (following accidents and reports)
- Compliance with safety legislation (auditing, risk analysis, corporate support, employee training)
- Appeals against Enforcement Notices (prohibition and improvement notices)
- Crisis Response Service
- Internal accident investigations
- Interviews under caution/written representations to regulatory bodies
- Coroners’ inquests
- Prosecutions and investigations under the Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 and subordinate legislation
- Prosecutions and investigations under Manslaughter legislation including Corporate and Gross Negligence Manslaughter
- Representation in the Magistrates' and Crown Courts
- Appeals on conviction and sentencing in the Court of Appeal
Our leading Crisis Response Service provide 24/7 peace of mind, should you or your business face a regulatory investigation. We protect you and your business' legal rights, help you support traumatised employees in the aftermath of tragic accidents and contain adverse media attention.
The Sentencing Guidelines for Health and Safety Offences, Corporate Manslaughter and Food Safety and Hygiene Offences (introduced in February 2016) have shaken up the regulatory landscape for both Corporate defendants and Individual defendants, seeing a rise in fines generally, £1million plus fines becoming commonplace, and a rise in the number and length of custodial sentences. Learn more about how these changes impact you by viewing our Sentencing Guidelines webinar.
View our health and safety video below