Danielle's experience includes:
- Acting on behalf of a leading construction company in the MENA region in a dispute against an employer to recover payments following the suspension of a large development project (exceeding AED 2.1 billion) in Abu Dhabi. The claim quantum is in excess of AED 400 million.
- Successfully obtained a substantial arbitral award against a Dubai based semi-government entity in excess of AED 200 million. This arbitration award is significant as the case was on behalf of a leading sub-developer in a number of ‘test’ cases in relation to a multi-million Dollar dispute relating to off plan developments.
- Acting on behalf of a construction company in disputes against by subcontractors claiming, inter alia, sums due for work done (but subject to back-to-back provisions), an extension of time and prolongation costs. The cumulative claim quantum is circa AED 300 million.
- Acting for a leading structural steel fabrication company in the UAE, in a dispute with a main contractor in relation to the development and construction of a large retail park.
- Acting on behalf of a construction company in an ICC arbitration to a multi-million dollar metro project in the GCC. Work included advising on strategy, interviewing witnesses and drafting witness statements and assisting drafting and reviewing all pleadings.
- Representing leading UAE developer relating to a AED250m dispute concerning an infrastructure project in the UAE.
- Representing a large construction company in DIAC arbitration proceedings commenced against an employer concerning the construction of a five-star hotel and resort.