ExperienceAdrian Jonca is a Partner and the head of the tax team in Poland. He has many years of experience in practicing as a tax advisor for foreign companies in Poland. His main area of activity concerns tax litigation in a variety of tax matter areas during tax control proceedings and in courts, at trial and appellate levels. His experience includes negotiating, drafting and advising on a wide variety of commercial, infrastructure, leasing and M&A transactions in Poland; representing international and national clients in tax litigation matters and developing trial and pre-trial strategy; litigation activities including the representation of tax payers in VAT and CIT matters, capital duty disputes and other tax claims; and representation of management in employment litigation and related tax matters, including investigation of allegations of tax fraud or tax evasion. Adrian has also successfully conducted litigation in a variety of high-profile tax cases with regard to national and international tax issues and achieved favourable resolutions of complex, often challenging, cases, including almost a dozen rulings in which the settlement exceeded the claim value of € 10 million.
- Tax Advisor - The Warsaw Bar Association
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 – Tax – Recommended lawyer
- "The DWF team is always up to date with the latest changes in tax legislation. They are easy to contact and discuss even small issues."
- "Their results!!! They won every case we had assigned to them. When DWF undertook our cases they had an innovative approach that led to success and to legal victory!"
Legal 500 EMEA 2022 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A – Recommended lawyer
- DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k‘s corporate and M&A team in Warsaw is an integral part of the firm’s European offering, working alongside the regional office network in a wide variety of cross-border transactions. The team is well-versed in M&A, capital injections and public offerings of securities.
- "Global coverage. Problem-solving attitude."
- Advising Kapsch TrafficCom on tax issues regarding implementation of the award-winning project "viaTOLL”, an electronic toll collection system in Poland.
- Advising the Klösters Group regarding the purchase of agriculture land. Our advice also covered tax warranties, tax cashing-in proceedings following the acquisition, and assessment of potential tax claims.
- Advising Alpine Bau GmbH, a large construction company, on various tax issues relating to the cross-border insolvency proceedings of its Polish branch.
- Advising InterHealth Canada on tax issues related to the design, construction, equipping and financing of a regional hospital in Żywiec. Poland. This project is the first PPP in the healthcare sector in Poland.