Major increase in national living wage and minimum wage rates: The Government has accepted the Autumn 2019 recommendations of the Low Pay Commission in full and in a move affecting 2.8 million people is to implement the following minimum wage rates from 1st April 2020:
- National Living Wage (for over 25 year olds) £8.72. (6.2% increase)
- National minimum wage 21-24 year olds (6.5% increase)
- 18-20 year olds £6.45 (4.9% increase)
- Under 18’s £4.55 (4.6% increase)
- Apprentices £4.15 (6.4% increase)
Are you following us on LinkedIn?
Follow our retail and food sector pages for the latest industry news, legal insights and events so you never miss a thing.