- Advertising ruling on ‘From’ prices: The Advertising Standards Authority has ruled against travel booking company Aferry Ltd re lack of availability of advertised ‘From’ prices. View >
- Guidance on WEEE requirements: The Regulatory Delivery Directorate, BEIS has published detailed guidance on compliance requirements for waste electrical and electronic equipment. View >
- 25 year environment plan launched: The Prime Minister has launched a long term environment plan pulling together a number of previous announcements. The plan pays particular attention to reduction of one trip use of consumer plastic packaging with aims to improve recyclability, encourage supermarkets to introduce plastic free aisles and to extend the 5p plastic carrier bag charge to all shops. Other commitments include introduction of an independent environment watchdog body and to create a northern forest. The plan has been broadly welcomed by business and environmental groups. View >
- EU DG Justice Issue notices to stakeholders on implications of Brexit: EU DG Justice has issued notices to stakeholders in respect of the implications for industrial products and also for EU Data protection requirements of the UK becoming a third country on Brexit. Both notices stress the additional actions that will be required by EU based businesses in meeting EU requirements when handling products from the UK or exporting data to the UK. The industrial products paper makes clear that current UK notified bodies and their certificates will no longer be valid following Brexit and that businesses should be taking action to get certificates from EU based notified bodies. The paper also stresses that distributors of UK products in the EU will become subject to the duties of businesses importing goods from a third country. View >
- Scottish Government plan for introduction of an EU continuity Bill: The Scottish Government has announced its intention to introduce an EU continuity Bill in February if the Scottish Parliament fails to give consent to the UK Parliament EU withdrawal bill as unconstitutional. View >
- Trade Bill commences 2nd reading: Dr Liam Fox, Secretary of State at the Department for International Trade has spoken in introduction of the 2nd reading of the Trade Bill in the House of Commons. View >
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.