COVID-19 government information published this week:
- Department of Health and Social Care:
- Statement on the mandatory wearing of face coverings in shops. View >
- Draft regulatory options for local and regional interventions. View > View >
- Local lockdowns: Blackburn and Darwen > Leicestershire > Luton >
- Ministry for Housing Communities and Local Government:
- Mandatory provision of non-smoking areas for outdoor seating. View >
- Welsh Assembly Government:
- Further relaxation of restrictions. View >
-The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health have welcomed a role for Environmental Health in dealing with Local Outbreaks. View >
- The British Chambers of Commerce has published an impact tracker survey finding on average, businesses are operating at half of their pre-Covid-19 capacity with customer demand (54%) and possible future local lockdowns (52%) as the two top obstacles to maintaining day-to-day operations. View >
- HMRC: guidance on the eat out to help out scheme has now been updated as follows:
- the relevant discount under the scheme can apply: "to soft drinks and/or packaged snacks, as long as they are for immediate consumption on the premises"; and
- the service to be used to find relevant restaurants will be available from 31 July.
Are you following us on LinkedIn?
Follow our retail and food sector pages for the latest industry news, legal insights and events so you never miss a thing.