COVID-19 government guidance and announcements this week:
- Prime Minister’s Office – Statement and accompanying slides. View > View >
- Department for Health and Social Care – Updated information on local restrictions in: Greater Manchester > Lancashire, Blackburn and Darwen > North East England > Merseyside, Halton, Warrington >
- HM Treasury – Publish guidance on Job Retention Scheme. View >
- Department for Transport – Publish updated travel corridors list of countries from where travellers must self-isolate. View > View >
- Magistrates Association – Publish details of public health regulations and penalties. View >
The British Beer and Pubs Association has published research on the potential financial impact of Covid-19 restrictions on the sector. View >
Consultation on increased powers for the Small Business Commissioner to tackle late payment: The Department for Business is seeking views on whether the Commissioner should be given powers to activate enforcement mechanisms against:
- businesses who do not comply with information requests.
- businesses who are found to have poor or unfair payment practices towards small businesses.
The consultation also seeks views on extending the Commissioner’s scope to allow him consideration of complaints by small businesses about other small businesses. Responses are required by 24 December. View > View > BCC >