Latest ASA rulings:
The Advertising Standards Authority has:
- Rejected a complaint about use of the strap line ‘Vitalises the Body’ for Red Bull on the basis that it is a registered trade mark and thus currently exempt from EU legal health claims rules. View >
- Upheld a complaint that Aldi Christmas advertising for spirits breached the codes for appeal to under 18’s.
- Upheld a complaint re Wrigleys for encouraging dangerous behaviour for showing a footballer chewing gum during sport. View >
Trade bodies to bring representative actions on unfair supply chain practices: The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in response to its consultation has decided that business representative bodies should be empowered to bring representative actions on behalf of their members in respect of late payment and unfair contractual provisions. View >
European Court of Justice rulings:
- The information contained in the EU Energy performance label may not be amended or supplemented by other statements. View >
- ‘Stand by’ time at a set location for rapid work callout is ‘working time’. View >
DEXEU publish discussion paper on EU exit implementation period: Ten pages setting out detailed areas for discussion between UK and EU negotiating teams. View >
Government amendment on repatriation of powers: The Government has published a press release on an amendment to clause 11 of the EU withdrawal Bill aimed at satisfying the devolved administrations on repatriation of powers from Brussels. View >
Policy speech on ‘future economic partnership': Transcript of speech delivered by David Davis, Secretary of State at DEXEU to German Business leaders. View >
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.