Response to review of Grocery Code Adjudicator published: The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has responded to the recent consultation. Key points are that:
- The Competition and Markets Authority has been asked to explore whether the remit of the adjudicator should be extended to more retailers.
- BEIS is to explore with industry how to improve supply chain pricing transparency.
- DEFRA is to establish an ‘up to £10m’ collaboration fund for farmers and to standardise slaughter house carcass classifications. View > Comment: Sustain >
- Latest ASA rulings:
J Rosee Fine Jewellery for lack of substantiation of claimed reductions from previous prices. View >
Epic Pub Company Ltd regarding ‘barrow of booze’ promotion for encouraging irresponsible consumption. View >
- Action plan to reduce plastic packaging waste: The Chief Executive of the DEFRA Waste and Resources Action Plan has written an open letter to the Environment Secretary setting out the actions they believe are necessary by business, government, local authorities and citizens to achieve a reduction in packaging waste which they claim makes up 70% of plastic use. Increasing the packaging waste recovery obligation is among the suggestions. View >
- UK Stripped of role as EU reference laboratory for shellfish toxins monitoring: EU Regulation 2018/222 transfers the role currently played by the UK in testing for bivalve viral and bacterial toxins to EU based laboratories. View >
This information is intended as a general discussion surrounding the topics covered and is for guidance purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. DWF is not responsible for any activity undertaken based on this information.